Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! Sausage Souffle

So, I'm making a breakfast sausage souffle for Easter brunch. It's one of my favorite things that my mom makes. It's a heart attack waiting to happen, but I only get it once or twice a year, so no harm done.

I've reduced everything because it's just my roommate and I, and I thought I would share a version for the poor lonely souls like us who are far from family for Easter. So here's what you'll need:

What the Recipe Calls For:What I Used:
  • 8 slices of soft bread diced
  • 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 lbs breakfast links sausage cooked then sliced
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups milk
  • 3/4 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 cup mushroom soup
  • 9x13 inch glass baking dish
  • 5 slices of French bread torn up
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 lb ground breakfast sausage (Jimmy Dean Maple flavored)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard
  • 3/4 cup mushroom soup
  • 8x8 inch glass baking dish

Here's what you do:
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Grease your baking dish.
  3. Cook sausage.
  4. Tear/dice bread.
  5. Beat eggs in a bowl.
  6. Mix milk, mustard, and mushroom soup in with eggs.
  7. Evenly layer the bread bits on the bottom of the baking dish.
  8. Sprinkle cheese over the bread.
  9. Evenly layer the sausage over the cheese.
  10. Spoon the egg mixture over the bread, cheese, and sausage.
  11. Bake for 1.5 hours.

Then you eat it. It's tasty. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment