Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Focusing on School? Who Does That?

Material objects fail to have a strong emotional connection for me. Except maybe Big Bear. I love that flattened gray bear to death. She's still with me.

Music though, music has such intense connections to my memories.

Regina Spektor's album Far, especially "Human of the Year," makes me think of Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake because I was listening to it non-stop while I read said text and wrote a paper on it.

I have a lot of Chris music, right now. But I'll re-appropriate it. I've re-appropriated most of the John music. Except I heard a John song this morning.

Lovies, John. Thanks for making me feel loved even when you left. I'm glad you finally figured out a good way to live your life and escape your personal demons. Face. Deal. Helmet. You win.

No comments:

Post a Comment