Thursday, May 5, 2011

Write or Die

So I'm having trouble writing lately, and everyone keeps telling me to just write crap and  stop re-writing every sentence 8 times. I can fix it after it's there, but at least if I write it, I will have something to turn in.

I finally found a way.

My friend Maggie suggested I check out Write or Die. And I made some progress, which you can see below.



Woot! What I've written is horribly messy, but I got some ideas out, and I should be able to do some reorganizing and editing later. The content is finally being generated. I have 7 pages, so close to the halfway point!

There's nothing more motivating than a screen that flashes red and starts making noise when I am not making progress. It's also really nice to have a little timer and a word counter at the corner of the screen logging my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment