I have been thinking about volunteering at the library since I moved here, but I just hadn't done anything about it. I finally filled out the application. I haven't turned it in yet, but I really want to now.
I can teach adult literacy classes, or tutor adults one-to-one. I can participate in planning library activities for teens. I can read to groups of tiny people.
I try to be helpful, so I checked every box that applied, meaning I also checked that I could help out with general library gruntwork-database entry, etc.
Who knows, maybe I will like it, and the next phase of my life will be getting an MLS and working in libraries? We shall see. Muahahaha! There's no real reason for the evil laugh. I just like it.
My life has felt a bit empty, and it's making me a bit depressed. Doing something constructive seems like a definite fix for such emptiness. Hooray for doing good things with one's free time!
No comments:
Post a Comment