Sunday, October 2, 2011

Applied for the Job I Really Want

So I wrote a cover letter and revised my resume yesterday for the job I really want. Thanks to my peer reviewers, Lindsey, Chris, and Adriane.

It was an electronic application, but I still got to write a traditional cover letter, which is what I really prefer.

And, though they did have a box for cutting and pasting my resume into, they also had an upload Word document option, so I got to use my branded resume. You know, it has my name very large so people will remember me and a font that hopefully captures my professional persona.

I do worry that with a Word document, they will have a different version of Word and things will shift and look messy, or they won't have the same fonts, so it will default to something ugly (nervous smile face). I wish I could have uploaded it in PDF format, but that never happens.

I'm excited, and I really hope I get this job. I do need to keep applying for other things though. It would be very silly to put my eggs all in one basket, especially with such a well-known company that will probably receive hordes of applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment