In my life, there aren't that many veterans, but my grandpa was one. My dad's best friend from high school is also one. He is just about to retire from the Army. These are two pretty awesome people in my estimation.
My grandpa could be a bit of a grouch to other people, but he's one of the hardest working and smartest people I have ever known. He was in the Airforce. He's passsed on.
John, my dad's friend, is literally one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. If you're thinking Army stereotype in your head, John in a short guy who played the lead in Westside Story in high school. He kept that hidden from my dad since my dad can be a bit of a turd about those sorts of things. John hasn't lost a bit of his sappy warm fuzziness in all his years in the Army. He's awesome, and I'm glad my dad has that friend who is so loyal and committed to their friendship despite moving all around the world.
So, how am I celebrating Veterans' Day? I work for the state, so I have today off. In celebration, I'm packing to move. Two boxes of kitchen stuff have been packed up this morning. I already had all my books, CDs, board games, and yarn packed up weeks ago. Mom should get here about 8pm. We'll lounge for the night, and tomorrow we'll load everything in a Uhaul and move me away from this place. Yay for that!
I'm going to help train my replacement next week, so I'll still be living in my apartment, just without my stuff. Woohoo to a few days on the floor with a sleeping bag.
I'm also celebrating by anxiously awaiting to hear about that potential job. I would imagine today is the first possible day I could hear back. I hope it's today. I can't imagine waiting through the weekend into next week.
If I get the job, I'll be nervous that my lack of aviation knowledge will make me less of a kickass employee than I would like to be. I imagine I could catch on pretty quickly, but I'll be asking a lot of questions early on. I keep trying to remind myself that most people have to ask a lot of questions when they start a new job. That's normal. That's part of starting a new job.
If I don't get the job, I will be bummed at having to continue applying for jobs. I've put off applying with the having to move and all, but I will need to kick it in high gear after I'm done at CPW.
No comments:
Post a Comment