Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Farmers' Market Fail (ish)

So the red onion linguine I was so excited about...not really that fabulous. In fact it's pretty much wheat pasta with a vague hint of sweet red onion, and all the fabulous color bled out when I cooked it. Total fail.

My eggplant was pretty good though. I just threw it in a pot with mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and a carrot. I seasoned my pot o' veggies with corianger, smoked paprika, and a tiny bit of cumin. I really cooked the veggies down to mix them in with the boring pasta. Yum! The veggies were fab.

I also bought some sweet italian sausage that paired nicely with it all. I won't be buying the fancy pasta again. I will stick to buying glorious veggies at the farmers' market.

2 comments:

  1. You'd need to talk to him about specifics (or refer to some cooking website), but Pete says the trick to eggplant is to get all the water out of the eggplant before you cook it by salting it and letting it weep. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete