The ugly face of politics has been my face. I get all fired up and reason fails, and sometimes I say brilliant things, but they are often hanging right there in the air next to dumb things. And sometimes I get mean and ugly. I hate it when other people do this, and I hate it more when I do it, but I just keep doing it, so I'm going to try to be one of those classy folks who never says a thing about politics and discretely does their civic duty and keeps it all to themself (not that the whole world doesn't already know how I feel).
Instead of this ugly face, I'm going back to focusing on food, my cat, books, and on occassion whatever I'm crafting. I shall revel in the glory of my premature old-lady-dom. It shall be glorious.
The other day I made squash while spouting a narrative of being the squash god in the style of genesis. No, I was not alone. I had a friend present. I shall endeavor more to bare such quirks in lieu of the ugly face of politics. Quirky, squash-god Schurl is much preferable.
I wish more people, esp. conservatives who bare-all on public radio, would adopt the same approach to politics - acknowledge the ugly, irrational self it exposes and abandon public discourse in lieu of civility. But, alas, it is only the socially conscious and (not-so-well-connected) of us who ever entertain similar thoughts. In a different vein, I wish I had been present for your old-lady-rant the other day. ; )
ReplyDelete