Thursday, September 8, 2011

Poor Packaging

I am a solid fan of Häagen-Dazs dessert products. My personal favorite is the coffee ice cream, but I also like to eat the vanilla frozen yogurt with my personal addition of nerds.

If you're a Häagen-Dazs fan too, you'll know that the company color codes their froyo and ice cream tubs. Ice cream tubs are red, and froyo tubs are green. So imagine the trouble I have now that, after my most recent trip to grocery store, I possess a vanilla raspberry froyo and a green tea ice cream.

I open the fridge and my brain thinks "red=raspberry" and "green=green tea," but not so! No, every single time, I grab the wrong tub because the ice cream-froyo color-coded system defies the flavors I have selected.

I better go back to coffee ice cream and vanilla froyo. The color-coding doesn't mess me up then.

Of course, their website has just informed me that they have a lemon option in their "five ice cream" selection, which includes ice creams that are composed of only five ingredients. That sounds like my next ice cream purchase for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment