So I am working on owl hats for Kerrie's impending bebe. (Nervous smile face I picked up from hanging out with Chris.) Not too shabby. I'm figuring this out. I have a trial hat with one earflap so far. Then I need to do the other earflap and the ears. I kind of want to do one where the eyes are fabric stitched on, but I might do the yarn eyes.
[Pictures are linked to the their approrpriate sources]
I don't plan for my hats to be exactly like either of these. There are a million owl hat ideas out there, so I am working on something a bit inspired by all.
I also think I might like to do something a bit different for everyone. Not all owls. I think baby alone can have an owl. Planning a bull for Dad, maybe a frog for Kerrie, not sure about Molly and myself yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment