I need to post more about cooking adventures. I also need to have more cooking adeventures.
Just a recommendation if you like spicy tomatoey things: Dak Bokkeum with Spinach (Korean Stewed Chicken with Spinach). Made this with a friend a couple weeks ago. It was amazing. I think the fire did some serious damage to the lining of my stomach, but it was well worth it.
New exciting goal for cooking adventures will be brought to you by Cooking Light Comfort Food: Home-Cooked Delicious Classics Made Light. I was pretty happy just perusing it, and what's nice is a lot of these things are pretty affordable to make. I've decided that I want to work my way through the casseroles first because casseroles usually freeze well and make handy leftovers for lunches.
This week I will be trying the "Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta," except I have absolutely no intention of really following the directions at all. I like bacon, but I wasn't too keen on this mix, so I decided this butternut squash and pasta casserole concept should be melded with one of my favorite middle eastern inspired dishes, which mixes butternut squash with ground lamb. Yum!
What will the end product look like?
Well, they didn't have any ground lamb at the grocery store. Genius that I am, I forgot that St. Patrick's Day meant a ton of people making shepherd's pie, so my casserole will use ground turkey, which I will season with cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, as inspired by the Epicurious dish. I also went for a whole wheat penne as used by the Epicurious dish.
From Cooking Light, I will be using the casserole concept, the butternut squash prep, the cheese choices of parmesan and provolone instead of kasseri, and there will be shallots.
I will probably add more details of what I did and how this turns out when I actually make the dish. Tomorrow, I think. Same post, not a new one. I'm a cheater like that.
(I lied. Detailed instructions are povided in the next post.)
No comments:
Post a Comment