I got home from class last night (after 10pm), and I didn't feel like sleeping. I'm all caught up on reading for classes right now, but I just have a lot of writing to do. Unfortunately (or maybe not), I left my computer in the office, so I couldn't work.
I decided to do some National Geographic reading. I am so far behind on such reading, so I was perusing. It was very animal focused, which completely reminded me that National Geographic was probably 90% responsible for my childhood desire to be a marine biologist. I would have liked some more anthropological stuff, but I'm not finished yet. Perhaps it will come. Highlight of reading was on organ printing. Did you know that they now makes spleens that are not ready to be implanted in people, but people can wear them outside their bodies and they are better than dialysis? Weird, huh.
I also got my first edition of Cooking Light (but I didn't notice it until this morning). Mom "got" it for me for Christmas...way to procrastinate, Mom. I'm so super-psyched about it. There were so many interesting recipes and cool articles about calorie counting and how to do it effectively. I could have kept reading that all morning. The highlight of my reading thus far was about a book described as an "enviro-foodie graphic novel." It's World Without Fish by Mark Kurlansky. This is now at the top of my reading list.
Oh, and it's a high of 79 today, so I totally wore shorts. Woot! Also, Go Bears!!! My tiny little alma mater, the University of Nothern Colorado is in the NCAA Championship. I just hope we don't get killed.
Okay...I really need to write my book review on The Smile of Vanuvati. To work!
Love the shirt. :) That was my favorite part of NG's last issue as well, pretty cool! Thanks for sending us that, even Colin likes it. BTW you have a typo...."noticed". Oh, we are now coming your direction around April 7th for a long weekend to see the baby. Smile!
ReplyDeleteTypo corrected. Shame on me. What sort of an English grad student am I? A poor one, I think.
ReplyDelete