I've been looking at some living options for if I get this job, and I find my priorities are very different than they used to be.
While I have always been drawn to older homes with wood floors and big back yards, I have decided not to look at anything like that for my next housing environment. I'm a single girl; I don't need that yet.
Most of the places I am finding are a 15-20 minute commute to work. These places (often for not much more than I have been paying) include swimming pools, fitness centers, and tennis courts. Many of them have options to have a fireplace and a garage. Some of them even include wifi and free movie rentals.
Of course, there is one where I could live a 2-3 minute commute to work (13 minute walk, which I think would be nice with parking in mind). I don't believe it has a garage option, so that's a major drawback. I would also have to find a gym nearby, and I keep finding all these militaristic gyms and martial arts places--no thank you. Although I did find a yoga studio near where work would be. I could become comitted to yoga. There's also one center that looks promising but that doesn't have a web site--it looks like they have pilates, which I love. If they have a kickboxing class, I'm sold.
Of course, if I can get a ground level apartment, I could also invest in a few Wii fitness games.
Not sure the place close to work is worth it. Although, I might be tempted to join the yoga place even if I live further away.
can ask what city?
ReplyDeleteWichita.
ReplyDeletea ha! the place of my birth and unfortunate adolescence! please let me know if i can assist in guiding you to the cooler parts...
ReplyDelete