Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Have Guts, I Have Guts, I Have Guts

I'm gritting my teeth about life, and forcing myself to stopping thinking and just start doing. I overthink because I'm a wimp, but it tends to make a mess of my life. No more!

Earlier, I just, somewhat on a whim, went to talk to Chris. I didn't overthink. I didn't qualify. I just said what I was thinking. What I said might fix our current problems; it might not. He's taking two days to overthink his response, though his initial response was positive. I think he might overthink himself out of a reconciliation. That's okay, I guess. I have no regrets. This afternoon I said what I wanted to say on Sunday, but I said it without all the mess and the gilding that overthinking creates. I no longer have to worry that this is all miscommunication. The ball is in his court

Now, I'm sitting down to write my writing project and just "get 'er done!" I will do it, even if I have to sit here all night. Tomorrow I will turn in a complete draft (on Tuesday Naomi told me what I have is publishable...I just need to finish). I sat down to do this three hours ago though, but I got distracted.

I did some quick perusing of NCAA Championship stuff and discovered that my undergrad alma mater, the University of Northern Colorado, won the Big Sky conference championship and is moving up to NCAA. Go bears! I'm really excited for the tiny school of around 12,000 where I studied English (and for shorter periods of time secondary education, ESL, and business). It's not a school known for sports. I went to 2 basketball games and a volleyball game while I was there. That's it. My last year there (2007), we moved up to Division I and started getting killed--and nobody goes to UNC for the sports anyway. I'm a fair-weather fan for sure, but I'm rooting for the bears however far they make it. I'm ridiculously proud of my tiny little school right now, and I'm telling everyone in the office.

Okay...I really am going to work on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment