Monday, March 7, 2011

Scone-Fest Fail, Good for Productivity

So I spent my morning yesterday baking scones for Chris because he always wants baked goods. I made cheddar dill, which turned out amazingly! Then I made some chocolate coconut lime, which were only so-so because I used dark chocolate instead of white because that's all I had. They would have been better with lime zest, too. I didn't have any limes though, just juice. A bit lame.

I took the scones over to Chris because he wasn't feeling well, and we talked for a bit about silly stuff. It'd been a bit long since we discussed how we deal with the impending long-distance when he moves for a job. It went about as well as last time, so it was time to be done. I'm sad, but that's life. I can't say that I'm that surprised.

Thus far it's been good for productivity. I'm ahead on my reading for Indian Children's Lit now--I read late into the night. Later today, I will try to tackle more grading, but students don't need water damaged documents returned to them, so for now, grading is on hold. On a more positive note, I'll probably be as productive as I was when Chris put me on quarantine because he didn't want me to get him sick. When I have nothing to do, I can move mountains of work (even when sick).

No comments:

Post a Comment